Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Laila Fayre - My New Pseudonym

Hiya Peeps!

So I have some big news that may or may not affect you. I've decided to convert my non-contemporary romantic erotic stories over to a different author name. Basically, my darker titles, past and future, will be written under the name Laila Fayre. I think this helps my branding, and since I'm making no secret that Laila Fayre is me, there shouldn't be any real confusion. I'm not going to get a new Twitter handle, but do everything for Laila Fayre stories with my @ClaraZaynn Twitter account. I may or may not start a new blog. I don't post here often enough as it is, I don't believe, to warrant a new one, but I'll decide about that later.

For now, I'm going to change five of my titles: "Can You Help?" "The Passionate Possession of Room 1426," "5 Tales of Erotic Horror," Carnival of Sin, and The Dragon's Mate. If you already own or have read these books, there's no need for you to go out and get it again; I'm only changing my author name, not touching the text at all. I mean, if you want to buy them again to get the new cover I won't say no, but I'm telling you there's no need. The covers have not been changed, either, except for the name.

So why did I choose the name Laila Fayre? I actually went about it like I was naming a character. I have an old Writer's Digest character naming handbook, and I wanted a good mix of light and dark. I found a bunch of names that fit, and I puzzled them together, both for best sounding and names that didn't actually exist (or at least not with much of a presence on social media and elsewhere), until I was happy with the results. Laila, I found out, basically means "night," though there are variations on it. That went well with the dark-vibe I wanted. The name Fayre, I found, basically means "beautiful," so that was a great contrast or compliment to Laila. Plus, I love the way those two names sound together, and there are not many, if any, others going by that name, at least that I saw. So my horror erotica (and other non-contemporary) titles will now be written by Laila Fayre.

I have no idea how long it'll take Amazon to approve the author name changes, but I'm not too worried about it. As I said, Twitter will not change for me, so don't worry about that. I will update this blog (sometime in the near future) to have all my Clara Zaynn titles on one side and all my Laila Fayre titles on the other, so look for that soon. I will also see about adding a new tab to my website, which I've been horrible about updating lately. So check those soon! Otherwise, it'll be everything as normal. I'm beginning the plotting process of a novella or novel for Laila Fayre, but that's still a long ways off (probably not until 2018). I will have new Clara Zaynn stories in the meantime, so don't worry about that. Otherwise, that's all the news I have for now! See you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment