Friday, June 16, 2017

Twitter Problems

Hello Lovelies!

There seems to be a bit of a problem with Twitter, and you may be having it, too. (No, I'm not talking about the lost hours after getting sucked in and constantly scrolling for new tweets.) I'm talking about not getting notifications when others RT or otherwise mention you. It's kind of a big problem because you feel like people are ignoring you, and they, likewise, feel like you're ignoring them. 

I first noticed this a few weeks ago when I saw @sexyreads had RT'd me in my timeline, but it didn't show up in my notifications. We talked about it, and thought it was an isolated incident, some sort of strange setting one of us couldn't figure out. But I saw today that he tweeted that he was missing a bunch of people in his notifications, so this is a bigger problem. 

I realized I was being affected this morning, too. For most of the week, I've noticed a few people I normally interact with (even if it's simply sharing RTs), have not been in my notifications. I thought maybe they'd gotten bored with my dog and pony show (and I should clarify that I mean that as the saying, not any sort of bestiality erotica - not my kink), and maybe it's true for some of them, but I discovered not all. Scrolling through my timeline this morning, I found @EADeBoestauthor had mentioned me in a #FF tweet. That put a smile on my face, and I decided to wait and say thank you when I found it in my mentions. (I was already deciding which .gif I wanted to use in that tweet - what can I say? I love that feature!) As I'm sure you can already guess, that tweet was a no-show in my mentions/notifications. When I went to her timeline to find the #FF tweet, I found she had also RT'd me a bunch (thank you, by the way, sweetie!), but none had made it to my notifications. I'm sure this is the case with others, but I haven't figured out who yet. So if you think I'm ignoring you, either not RTing you back, or flat out not responding, I promise I'm not! I simply haven't seen your tweets!

So, to summarize, there seems to be a problem with mentions/notifications in Twitter. I have no idea if it's affecting a select few of us "lucky" users, but if you're missing tweets from people you're used to seeing on a regular basis, they simply could be hidden from you. Twitter just recently (in the last day or so) updated their site, so maybe this problem is one of coding? I tweeted @Twitter with this question, but have not heard back. I'm sure they get far too many tweets for them to even see them all, so I'm not holding my breath (or maybe my tweet didn't make it into their mentions! hehe), but maybe they'll let me know. Or at least fix it soon.

Last thing. I said it earlier, but I want to say it again. If you think I've been ignoring you, I apologize! I haven't been. I simply didn't see your tweet. You may have the same problem, if not with me, than with other users. I still get plenty of mentions/notifications throughout the day, but not from everyone. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, and we can return to our normal social media time-sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment