Sunday, September 10, 2017

Disney Halloween Fun!

Hiya Peeps!

My latest collection came out ten days ago, and I don't have anything else planned for the near future, as I'm in the middle of writing my next book, which I'll talk about at a later date. No, today I thought I'd just have a bit of fun! My husband and I headed to the Disneyland Resort yesterday for lunch. We avoided Disneyland itself and headed over to Disney's California Adventure. We weren't expecting to see any Halloween decorations (Halloween is my favorite time of year!) as the season doesn't officially start in the parks until next weekend, but we lucked out, as Car's Land had some neat decorations already out. I didn't take many pictures, but I thought it would be fun to share the six that I did take.

First off, if you've never been, Car's Land is set up to look like you actually stepped into Radiator Springs in the movie. The building placements are very close to spot on, and the first time I watched the movie after being in Car's Land, I was blown away! So these pictures would likely be right out of Radiator Springs if they had a big Halloween celebration!

This first picture focuses on the decoration which runs above the street. Mufflers, tires, and traffic cones make for a neat-looking monster strung across the street.






Here is the famous Cozy Cone Motel decked out for the season! Yes, those are spiders built out of parts you might find in an auto shop. How cool is that?







This is a Route 66 roadside souvenir shop decorated to look like it's in a haunted swamp. I don't know if the pic is good enough for you to see, but there are silly Halloween-themed signs all over the front. 





This undead car pinned down by the tree is outside the shop above. You might be able to sort of see it under the tree on the left side of the above photo. I certainly wouldn't want to run into this guy on a moonless night!





This is a billboard to the left of the souvenir shop and undead car. You can see the bottom of it in the above photo. If you're having trouble reading it, it says, "Get your hex on Route 66."






Here is the other side of the above billboard. "Trunk or treat" and a "scary" Mater. I giggled when I saw it, as I love Mater!










So there you go. Just for fun early September Halloween decorations. Though, to be honest, if Halloween stuff stayed up all year, I'd be happy. And if you're wondering about lunch, since I said that's why we went, we ate in the Fisherman's Wharf food court area. I had a Chinese Chicken Salad in a sourdough bread bowl and a Karl Strauss Mosaic Sessions IPA to wash it down with. (So good and tasty! A big-time grapefruit flavor.)

I hope you enjoyed this just for fun blog post! See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment